Myrl & Roy
Myrl & Roy's Paving began over five decades ago with a $500 dump truck, a rake, a shovel and two determined young individuals.
Myrl Unzelman and Roy H. Schultz had been working in road construction when they took a chance and started their own paving company. Scraping together what they could, they bought some used equipment and literally went door-to-door selling asphalt driveways in the Sioux Falls area.
They hired a few friends and family members and opened their first shop – a shed at Roy's home on Western Avenue. In 1965 they moved to a shop just north of the Falls. Along the way they added new people and "like-new" equipment, including their first asphalt plant in 1968.
Their projects expanded to include parking lots, streets and highways in Sioux Falls and surrounding communities.
Over time they added new gravel pits, a quartzite rock quarry, new asphalt plants, crushers and the people to operate them. In 1980 the company acquired Ace Ready Mix - a concrete ready mix business. Six years later Myrl & Roy's moved to its present location at 1300 North Bahnson Avenue (1/2 mile east of Cleveland Avenue on Rice Street).
Today Myrl & Roy's Paving is the area's leading asphalt paving contractor and an established supplier of aggregates and ready mix concrete.
With the same vision, dedication and hard work used from the beginning, the company serves the community with the high quality that is expected from Myrl & Roy's Paving.